Tuesday 17 June 2014

Ladies,is it dishonesty or ignorance?- 1st Episode

Even if at all they will, very few girls will openly admit that they do it for the money. The majority will quickly rebut with colorful reasons why they won’t look out for the money in choosing a partner. They would even opt to give a two-hour unsolicited lecture on the dangers of using money as the standard of choosing a life partner. Vocal as they are in driving home their point, they will use personality profile illustrations, both biblical and historical allusions and weave it all up with an impeccable grammar making you lose sight of the fact that they are playing mere drama.
I have encountered and interacted with variety of ladies at varied levels. Though these ladies differ in terms of age, class, tribe, nationality, religion and in their individual being, they seem to have almost the same opinion. In one of my media and society lectures last semester, the lecturer asked the wonderful congregation of ladies in my class what they look out for in a man before considering him for a life partner. As if the question had leaked a day before the start of the class and as though they had debated the same topic the previous night and have come to a right consensus, their well-rehearsed responses were almost an halleluiah chorus; “I do not mind if the guy has money or not, all I need is that he should be able to take good care of me”.  “What exactly do you mean when you say he should be able to take good care of you?” the lecturer interjected. I would have personally broken the rules in the class to seek clarification if the lecturer failed to ask the follow up question but he did. One after the other the ladies started mentioning the various components of what they meant by “taking good care of me”. He should always be there for me anytime I need him, he should always call me to check on me, he should pay regular visits, he should take me out occasionally, he should have a good character, he should make me feel comfortable, he should have big dreams among others were some of the responses that came from various angles of the class. Apparently, the rest of the class was satisfied with their responses but for me, P D Wedam, I refuse to allow them throw dust into my eyes and here are my reasons. For me, no matter how you look at it, the money is the determining factor and all the responses indirectly hinge on the money. What do you make of these? 
My dear ladies,
You want him to spend much of his time with you, knowing fully well that TIME IS MONEY yet you have the guts to say, ‘I don’t care about the money’? Something must be wrong with you.
You say you don’t necessarily need a guy with money but you only need a guy with big dreams knowing very well that EVERY DREAM HAS A PRICE TO PAY. Are you not aware that the bigger the dreams you want him to have directly correspond to the price you want him to pay?
 If indeed you do not care about the money, why then do you insists that your boyfriend CALLS YOU THREE TIMES EACH DAY just to check on you? Don’t you know the airtime costs money? Don’t raise your eye brows in objection because I know you too well. The fact is, boys call their girlfriends to check on them but girls only call their boyfriends to find out why they have not called. Undisputed!!...#myleakedthought#2014

CONTINUES ON EPISODE 2                                              

No comments: